If you followed along, hopefully you now have a better understanding of the talent acquisition process from start to finish. And maybe we even addressed some of the questions or needs your organization is currently faced with.
If you missed any of the entries, here’s a quick guide to help you catch up.
- "A day in the life: Marketing and client solutions." I kicked off the series, walking you through quarterly business review cycles, recruitment solutions development, and some of the pressing issues affecting utilization of contingent labor in health and life sciences.
- "A day in the life: Recruiter." Mindy Fineout lets us follow along as she searches for and connects with new candidates to add to her network and consider for the positions she has available.
- "A day in the life: Customer solutions director." Matt Rivera reports on a series of interactions with various customers looking for an RFP for a contingent staffing program, a status update on the implementation of a workforce program, and advice for how they can use technology to enhance their talent management processes.
- "A day in the life: National sales director." Tammy Miller explores one company’s struggles to entice exiting workers to rejoin the company in a contractor role, and shares her interactions with some of our large enterprise clients as they look to staff up at local offices.
- "A day in the life: Client solution manager." Anna McMenamin describes her work with our health and life sciences teams as they developed a proposal for a client looking for occupational health professionals, and brainstormed how to address the growing demand of large pharmaceutical companies to insource R&D processes.