Long gone are the days where recruiters could rely solely on jobs boards to fill positions. The rise of social media, big data and mobile recruiting technology makes finding a needle in a haystack a realistic (and very much expected) task for recruiters. As the leader of your company’s talent acquisition process, really ask yourself, has your team raised the bar on its HR recruiting strategies?
With candidates only spending 30 seconds looking at a job posting, make a vow today to never recruit the same way again. Here are five easy ways hiring managers can break through the noise and get real results:
- As a result of Big Data, we live in a world of hyper personalization. When crafting a job posting, do it with a specific candidate in mind. This will attract who you are looking for; ultimately saving time in the recruiting, screening and approval processes.
- Optimize job postings and messaging for the appropriate platform; i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter, Company Website, Mobile, etc.
- It’s no longer the Google’s of the world who are adapting work culture to reflect today’s society. How does your posting and candidate experience incorporate your company's brand and personality?
- Think outside the box. There are dedicated Facebook groups, web forums, opt-in lists for nearly every professional field out there. Identify where your next hire lives and start hunting.
- Employee engagement is not just for retention.
Want to know what else you can do to build your candidate pipeline? Read the Secrets Your RPO Provider Would Never Tell You.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Andy Roane is the Vice President of Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) for Yoh. Roane brings more than 15 years of human capital industry experience to the role, including six years as Vice President of Operations for PeopleScout, where he led RPO engagements with Fortune 500 companies. To contact Andy Roane directly, email him at Andy.Roane@yoh.com.